In this post, we talk about what are karmic relationships.
What are karmic relationships?
Karmic relationships are one-of-a-kind connections that we can have with anyone; they are not limited to romantic partners, and are understood as a contract between two souls from the past who were left to meet again in order to learn from one another.
They’re the kinds of relationships that turn everything we think we know upside down. When they enter our lives, they challenge everything we thought we knew about the world and force us to roll over.
They’re the kinds of relationships that, despite being uncomfortable, have a pull on you that won’t let you walk away until you’ve learned what that person came to teach you, and you’re always drawn to them.
The most common occurrence is that these relationships cause you to see unhealed wounds from your past, and that these are the people who propose the most uncomfortable and difficult conversations in order for you to improve and become the best version of yourself.
In general, karmic relationships bring us pain and anguish in the form of learning, rather than joy and happiness. It is extremely difficult to get away from them until the mission of teaching is completed, as they arise from a pact between souls prior to our existence. This is how this theory generates growth.
How to overcome a karmic relationship?
The first step in overcoming karmic relationships is to recognize that you are in one. That is the only way to comprehend all of the situations that will arise as a result of that relationship, as well as to express gratitude for the lessons that will be learned.
Following that, it’s critical to accept all of our feelings and sensations in their entirety, without judging or attempting to suppress them. This is how we let go of all the emotional energy the relationship has given us.
You must look inside, not outside, to heal karmic relationships, because these types of relationships reveal our own soul. So, we must look deep within ourselves for the strength and wisdom required to heal and forgive everything that is taking place. That is where we will find the answers that will allow us to break free from the cycle of a potentially abusive or dependent relationship.
The Different Types of Karmic Relationships
There are three types of karmic relationships, according to the theory that explains their existence:
- Relationships from the karmic ego: These are relationships in which there is a strong physical or mental attraction. They arrive very quickly and transform a large part of our lives, but they are very short and end emphatically after the teaching has been left for both of us.
- Relationships from the Law of the Mirror: This law speaks about the fact that all human beings attract into our lives what we already are and everything that we must resolve in ourselves. That is to say, it says that we attract people who are going to show us the things that we must solve within ourselves. For this reason, these relationships occur with people who show us our virtues and our defects. They are relationships that begin at some point in life, but are maintained over time to transform as we understand that what we are looking for in the other we already have in ourselves.
- Relationships from another life or reincarnations: These relationships come from a previous life and can only be understood with the soul, because there are no words to explain how a relationship that exists since before birth feels.
Signs that you are living a karmic relationship:
- Feels like it was meant to be: You may not understand it rationally, but karmic relationships always find a way to pull you back in until you heal the reason they came from.
- It is addictive: A karmic relationship will always be attractive and is characterized by ups and downs of passionate intensity, which makes you feel like you are on a roller coaster that you cannot get off.
- It is selfish: People who are living a karmic relationship cannot think about the well-being of the other, so they become the perfect templates for the construction of abusive or dependent relationships.
- It makes it difficult to establish healthy limits: Many of the karmic relationships that exist in the world are the product of the need to learn to set limits, so many times that will be the biggest challenge to overcome: the moment you start to set limits. to the other person, the karmic relationship begins to destroy itself and become increasingly healthy.
- It shows you the worst of you: A karmic relationship is a mirror of the darkest parts of your soul and exists to show you those darkness’s that you must work on to live more fully.
Twin soul relationships are those in which two people have a strong bond of love, trust, and respect.
They begin before birth with a contract signed by two souls in which they agree to meet during their lives and be each other’s happy and safe place.
As a result, meeting your soulmate makes you feel as if you’ve found your home. Both people are content and self-assured.
Twin souls are relationships in which each person can grow and where love is always selfless.
Twin flame relationships are made up of two people who share the same soul. That’s the case? They are bonds formed between people who share the same soul, but which was divided into two before birth in order to learn a specific lesson.
Even though they were born in different parts of the world and at different times, twin flames go through similar experiences. Their meeting is usually difficult because both people must first go through an individual learning path in order to be prepared for the meeting.
Even if they have only seen each other for a few minutes, these relationships are recognized by the feeling of knowing each other for a lifetime. Furthermore, people create a space between them where time and space cease to exist, allowing their souls to shine in their fullest expression.
When one of the two people involved realizes he has found his twin flame, he puts much more effort into maintaining the connection, while the other will unconsciously move away. because he still has a few things to learn before the match
Because that soul had already met its other half in this life and there was a new break, this is where the darkest moment for that soul occurs. There are two options: permanent physical separation or divine union.
When there is complete separation, both people must learn about unconditional love, despite the fact that they are not together, and learning takes place for the sake of detachment. When love is consummated, on the other hand, the soul is considered complete again, and there was a meeting between the masculine and feminine halves of that whole (which do not necessarily correspond to the human concepts of man and woman).
Why you should fix your attachment style to have better relationships
Did you enjoy these videos? Check out more relationship videos here.
Everyone deserves to have healthy, happy relationships. But lots of us are stuck in cycles of unhealthy and toxic relationships.
This is thanks to our upbringing and how we learned to relate to others.
For some, this means an anxious attachment style, where we are needy and have a fear of abandonment.
Meanwhile, others have an avoidant attachment style, where we keep emotional distance because we’re afraid of getting too close.
Both of these are insecure attachment styles.
What’s the solution?
To build an earned secure attachment style. This means that we understand ourselves and others. While also being able to relate to our past experiences in a healthy way.
This isn’t easy. It takes time and introspection. But it’s well worth it if it means getting the healthy and happy relationships you know you’ve always deserved—
That we all deserve.
Get ahold of inner work exercises to help build your earned secure attachment style, so you can put an end to this cycle of toxic relationships once and for all.
Here are some resources I recommend:
Shadow Work for Beginners is based on my in-depth research and personal experiences with shadow work, projection, sadomasochism, inner child healing, triggers, and all things shadow. This resource gets updated at no additional cost.
A Light Among Shadows is a guide on self-love and being. This series goes over consciousness, spirituality, philosophy, and makes sense of why people are the way they are. Recommended for anyone dealing with resentment and self-hate. Learn more here.
Shadow Work for Relationships teaches you everything you need to know about attachment theory, practical inner work, and your dysfunctional behavior. By the end of this, you will have developed your earned secure attachment style so you can put an end to your cycle of bad relationships.
Shadow Work Journal: 240 Daily Shadow Work Prompts contains inner work exercises related to relationships, anger, anxiety, self-love, healing trauma, abandonment issues, depression, forgiveness, etc.
Manifestation Manual: The Path of Least Resistance bundle teaches you some holistic and systems thinking along with how to mend your inner child wounds so you can align with your higher self and move forward in life. This includes 20 video clips as a free bonus.
Shadow Play (or “DsR”) is a small sister website that goes over “sensual” shadow work through my BDSM experiences. If you are 18+ and are interested, go here.